Service agencies in Danville and Pittsylvania County may apply for funds recently awarded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The money — $19,890 for Danville and $21,437 for Pittsylvania County — will go to help emergency food and shelter programs, according to a news release.
A local board will determine how the funds are awarded to service groups in the region.
To qualify, the agencies must:
- be private voluntary nonprofits or units of government;
- be eligible to receive federal funds;
- have an accounting system;
- have an employer identification number number;
- practice nondiscrimination;
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver food and/or shelter programs; and
- if they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
Groups interested in applying may email email@example.com for an application. The deadline is Jan. 29.
For more information, contact Ray Jackson at (434) 792-3963.