Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Two pets die in Danville house fire
0 Comments
breaking editor's pick
DANVILLE

Two pets die in Danville house fire

  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}

Two family pets died in a Friday evening fire that started in a dryer vent in Danville.

It was shortly after 7 p.m. when the Danville Fire Department responded to 126 Ruskin St. When units arrived, they found heavy fire and smoke coming from the back of the 2-story home, a news release reported.

Everyone was already out of the house when firefighters arrived on scene.

The fire was discovered in a laundry room. After it was extinguished, crews found the family’s cat and dog dead inside the home.

The Danville Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the blaze started in a dryer vent.

“Danville Fire Department would like to remind readers to test your smoke alarms monthly and to clean your dryer vents regularly,” James H. Satterfield, a fire captain, said in the news release.

The American Red Cross is helping the five residents who were displaced.

Fire crews remained on the scene for almost three hours.

0 Comments

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

News Alert